Sugar Free TV is a service company specialising in TV Commercial and Stills production. We are committed to normalising sustainable behaviour in the TV & Film Production Industry and minimising the impact of its actions on the environment.
Following our production staff’s completion of the AdGreen Sustainable Production Training, we will be incorporating resources & advice from AdGreen to work towards eliminating the negative environmental impacts of production.
We aim to:
- Minimise paper usage – call sheets, schedules, scripts & storyboards should be viewed digitally via phones or tablets.
- Actively promote ‘zero plastic’ shoots. Reusable water bottles should be brought to set to fill up from water coolers, to reduce plastic bottle waste.
- Reduce waste and increase recycling on set and in the production office.
- Identify inefficient processes throughout pre-production and on set so we can reduce our energy consumption.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of transport fleets and ban idling vehicles when on set as this contributes to localised air pollution.
- Conserve resources – from fresh food on set, to props & wardrobe, we will encourage the rehoming of any items acquired for a shoot than can be reused.
- Work with our landlord to continually improve our environmental performance at our office premises.
Sugar Free TV will use its influence to encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers, as well as continuing to promote staff training on sustainability in production and integrate the practices into standardised company behaviour.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and amended as required.